The advice now given from Perth and Kinross Council is that all excursions and school events between now and Easter are cancelled. Therefore, we will be taking forward the following precautionary measures.
- All whole school assemblies including our church service will be cancelled.
- All parent workshops and open afternoons will be cancelled.
- Any additional educational visits or planned events where children will be put into spaces with a large amount of children from other schools will be cancelled – cross country event and GLEE.
- All extra-curricular activities will be cancelled.
- Schools Lets – all external evening and weekend lets from 6pm onwards (excluding Out of School Care Care) will be cancelled centrally from tomorrow. This includes our Parent Council Easter Disco and our Bingo Tea Fundraiser.
All staff are following guidance from the Scottish Government and are taking necessary precautions regarding handwashing and hygiene within school.
IF YOUR CHILD HAS SYMPTOMS
On 13 March the Scottish Government announced that anyone developing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should self-isolate for 7 days. The most common symptoms are:
- new continuous cough and/or
- high temperature
Please contact the school office (01250 871980) and inform us if your child is self-isolating. At present school is unable to accommodate requests for additional work if your child is self-isolating.
There is no plan at this present time to ‘blanket’ close schools in Perth and Kinross.
Staff are currently ensuring that they have mechanisms for sharing home learning materials with our pupils should there be closures. This will be summarised on the school app and will include, for example Education City, GLOW and Microsoft Teams. At school, over the coming days children will be given a reminder of their passwords for Education City and GLOW. If you can’t access these at home, please contact the school office.
Please contact the office if you child does not have access to the internet at home.
PLEASE ENSURE THE OFFICE HAS THE MOST UP TO DATE TELEPHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS.
We will provide further updates; however further information can be found on the Council’s website at www.pkc.gov.uk/coronavirus and on PKC corporate social media channels.